RESERVATION & USAGE
Our members have the ability to use our indoor training space when the facility is not being used for classes. You must be accompanied by a WKC instructor, who can reserve space for you and must ensure the building is left clean and locked. Space must be reserved in advance. If you are found to be using the facility without a reservation when someone else has reserved it, you will lose this privilege.
View the calendar to see when time is available. Make arrangements with an instructor to reserve time for your practice session and accompany you while there. Your reservation of time to use the facility includes and implies consent to abide by the Facility Rules and Hold Harmless agreements below.
WKC Facility Rules
Adherence to the following rules is essential for the health and well-being of our dogs, and for ensuring a welcoming and clean space for all members to enjoy. Failure to follow these rules will result in your loss of privileges to rent/use facility practice space.
- The premises must be kept disease-free. Your dog must be current on vaccinations. If your dog is sick, keep the dog home that day and call your veterinarian, if necessary.
- Brush or comb your dog before coming to the Training Center. This greatly reduces the amount of dog hair on the practice room floor.
- Bring poop bags with you so you can clean up after your dog if necessary, anywhere on WKC property, including the parking lot and walkways. Paper towel and disinfectant are provided in the event your dog pees indoors. Please clean it up right away.
- Park in designated areas only. Do not block doorways or gates when you park.
- A bitch in season must wear panties, or leave her at home.
- When going in or out of the building, close the door behind you—every time! There may be a dog who shoots for the door at precisely the instant the door is left open.
- Never allow your dog to lunge at or invade the personal space of other dogs. Keep a safety margin around your dog at all times.
- Keep a very close eye on your dog—even when he/she is on leash. You must always know precisely where the dog is, what he's is doing, and what is happening around him—or what is about to happen.
- Don’t stand in doorways or other tight spaces with your dog. Not only are you blocking access, you could inadvertently spark a dogfight. Any dog that feels stressed, anxious, or fearful can be triggered when space is tight and another dog is too close. Even if your dog is fine, you have no way of knowing how other dogs will react. Let’s keep all the dogs safe.
- As a courtesy to other users of the space, please silence your cell phone when you’re in a practice area.
- Children are welcome, but must be supervised at all times.
- No smoking, illegal drugs, or alcoholic beverages.
Hold Harmless Agreement
In consideration of the acceptance of the dog described on this form, and of the opportunity to have this dog participate in training sessions, I agree to hold Wenatchee Kennel Club and its board of directors, officers, instructors, members, agents and employees, and the owners of the premises upon which the training is held, harmless from any claim for loss or injury which may be alleged to have been caused directly or indirectly to any person or thing by the act of this dog while in or upon the training premises or grounds or near any entrance thereto, and I personally assume all responsibility and liability for any such claim.
I further agree to hold the aforementioned parties harmless from any claim for loss of this dog by disappearance, theft, death or otherwise, and from any claim for damage or injury to the dog, whether such loss, disappearance, theft, damage or injury be caused or alleged to be caused by the negligence of the parties aforementioned, or by the negligence of any other person, or any other cause or causes.
I hereby assume the sole responsibility for and agree to indemnify and save the aforementioned parties harmless from any and all loss and expense (including legal fees) by reason of the liability imposed by law upon any of the aforementioned parties from damage because of bodily injuries, including death at any time resulting therefrom, sustained by any person or persons, including myself or on account of damage to property, arising out of or in consequence of my participation in this training, event or activity, howsoever such injuries, death or damage to property may be caused, and whether or not the same may have been caused or may have been alleged to have been caused by negligence of the aforementioned parties or any of their associates, employees, agents, or any other persons.
In consideration of the acceptance of this entry, I agree to abide by the rules and guidelines set forth by Wenatchee Kennel Club in effect at the time of this training, event or activity, and by any additional rules and guidelines that may be set forth by the aforementioned parties. I certify that the dog participating in this training is not a hazard to persons or other dogs and that the information I have supplied on this form is true.
I agree to be bound by this Agreement as stipulated above.